Grilled Steak Fajita Boats
- 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
Try a twist on the traditional fajita using Old El Pasoâ„¢ Tortilla Bowls! These 'boats' make eating your Mexican creation even easier.
- 1 flank steak (2-3 lb/1-1 1/2 kg)
- 1 pkg Old El PasoTM Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 small onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, halved
- 1 pkg (8 count) Old El PasoTM Tortilla Bowls
- FRESH toppings ideas: diced avocado, fresh lime wedges, sour cream or creme fraiche
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Sprinkle steak generously with seasoning on both sides; press into steak.
- Place steak on direct heat of grill over medium heat; place vegetables (onion and bell peppers) on indirect heat of grill. Cover grill; cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium doneness. Remove from grill and let steak rest 10 minutes; cut into slices diagonally across the grain. Cut bell peppers into slices for serving.
- Spoon grilled steak and vegetables into tortillas. Serve with desired toppings.
Flank steak is used in this recipe, but several other cuts of beef would work well. Both sirloin and top round would be delicious. Both can be purchased in 1-lb increments. Grill as directed in recipe, and let rest before slicing.