Breakfast Tortilla Bowls with Avocado Crema
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 8
- Tortillas & Tortilla Bowls
Healthy brunch recipe // Mexican breakfast bowls with avocado crema
Submitted by Jennifer Ashley at Pretty Little Details
- 8 Old El Paso tortilla bowls
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 lbs ground pork
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 avocados
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can Old El Paso refried black beans
- 1/2 a red pepper diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Brush tortilla bowls with melted butter. Bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove tortilla bowls from oven and set aside.
- Combine ground pork, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes and salt in a pan. Fry over medium heat until pork is cooked through and is no longer pink.
- Create your avocado crema by blending together avocados, lime juice, sour cream, salt and garlic powder until smooth.
- Fry eggs 2-3 at a time over medium heat in a greased frying pan. Cook eggs without flipping until egg whites are completely cooked through.
- To assemble your breakfast bowls, spoon refried beans into the bottom of each tortilla bowl. Top with a generous helping of the ground pork mixture then sprinkle with diced red peppers.
- Spoon avocado crema over each tortilla bowl then top with a fried egg. Garnish with fresh cilantro.