Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Salsa Tortilla Bowls
- 35 Minutes
- Serves 4
- Tortillas & Tortilla Bowls
Enjoy the summer barbecue season with these quick and easy-to-make tortilla bowls filled with grilled chicken. It’s a meal the whole family will love.
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 3 pineapple rings
- 8 Old El Paso™ Tortilla Bowls
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) diced red pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) diced Old El Paso™ Sliced Pickled Jalapeños
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced red onion
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) prepared guacamole
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Old El Paso™ Taco Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Toss together chicken, 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice, taco seasoning and olive oil. Grill chicken, turning once, for 15 to 18 minutes or until grill-marked and cooked through. Let stand for about 5 minutes and slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, grill pineapple rings, turning once, for 5 to 7 minutes or until well-marked; grill tortilla bowls, turning once, for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Dice pineapple; combine pineapple, red pepper, remaining lime juice, jalapeño, red onion, green onion and salt.
- Fill tortilla bowls with guacamole, chicken, pineapple salsa and taco sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Add shredded lettuce or cooked corn to bowls if desired.