- Extra Mild
- 17 Minutes
- Serves 30
Get the party started with this scrumptious twist on a classic bruschetta.
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 French baguette
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In bowl, stir together salsa, garlic and cilantro. Set aside.
- Slice baguette into 1/2-inch (1 cm) slices and place on baking sheets. Brush one side of each slice lightly with olive oil.
- Broil baguette slices 2 inches (5 cm) from broiler for 1 minute until browned. Turn slices and toast other side. Turn slices oil-side up.
- Spoon 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the salsa mixture onto each toast slice and sprinkle each with some cheese, if desired. Refrigerate any leftover salsa. Broil 1 minute longer or until cheese has melted.
Tip: For a touch of sophistication, replace mozzarella cheese with grilled shrimp and garnish with grated lime zest.