- 50 Minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (650 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- 1 Old El PasoTM Soft Taco Dinner Kit
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (200 mL) sliced ripe olives, drained (optional)
- Your favourite toppings (sour cream, guacamole)
Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease 9-inch (22.5 cm) square baking dish.
Brown ground beef in large skillet; drain. Add green pepper, salsa, water and taco seasoning and taco sauce from kit. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes.
- Place 4 tortillas in bottom of baking dish, overlapping to fit. Top with one third beef mixture, one third cheese and one third of olives (if using). Repeat layers twice.
Bake uncovered 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top as desired.
Substitute : Soft Taco Dinner Kit with: 1 pouch Old El Paso* Taco Seasoning Mix and 1 pkg Old El Paso* Medium (12 count) Soft Flour Tortillas.
Make Ahead: Can be made up to 24 hrs, refrigerate and add 10 minutes to bake time.
Variation: Add frozen or canned corn (1 ½ cups/375 mL) to the beef mixture instead of green peppers.