Mexican Sloppy Joes
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
- Sandwiches & Wraps
Comfort food with a Mexican twist. Ole!
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 pkg (35 g) Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 3/4 cup (150 mL) Green GiantTM Niblets Frozen Whole Kernel Corn, (optional)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- your favourite toppings (shredded lettuce & cheese)
- Brown ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in seasoning mix, salsa, corn, and 1/2 cup (125 mL) water.
- Reduce heat and cook 3 minutes until thickened.
- Spoon onto toasted bun halves and sprinkle with garnishes. Serve immediately.
- Time Savers: Double Up recipe, cool before freezing and freeze in individual containers for up to3 months.