Mini Tex-Mex Tortilla Quiches
- 45 Minutes
- Serves 12
- Tortillas & Tortilla Bowls
Serve this delicious Tex-Mex twist on a classic for brunch, lunch or dinner.
- 6 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped Old El Paso™ Sliced Pickled Jalapeño
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Old El Paso™ Salsa
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Cut each tortilla into two 4-inch (10 cm) rounds; fit rounds into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly crisped but not browned. Let cool completely in muffin cups.
- Whisk together eggs, refried beans, milk, jalapeño and taco seasoning until blended. Sprinkle cheese evenly into bottom of each muffin cup.
- Spoon egg mixture evenly into tortilla cups. Bake in 400˚F (200˚C) oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling is set. Let stand for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Top each quiche with salsa, avocado and cilantro.
Fry up the tortilla scraps and use as a crispy garnish for soups and salads. Serve with sour cream if desired.