Salsa Fajita Beef
- 15 Minutes
- Serves 4
- Tortillas & Tortilla Bowls
This skillet recipe turns to frozen vegetables and prepared salsa for easy flavor.
- 2 to 3 tbsp (25 to 45 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 Old El PasoTM Large Flour Tortillas (from 334 g pkg), cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N Chunky Salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) Green GiantTM Frozen NibletsTM or Peaches & Cream Whole Kernel Corn
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook tortilla strips, a few at a time, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crisp (if necessary, add additional tablespoon oil); drain tortilla strips on paper towels.
- In same skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 2 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Stir in all remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in tortilla strips.
- Tip:The crisp tortilla strips used in this recipe also work well to top Mexican salads.