Slow Cooker Beef Vegetable Chili
Soups & Chilis
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) boneless beef round steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) Green GiantTM Frozen Mixed Vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (398 mL each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chilies, undrained.
- 1 can (19 FL oz/ 540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (19 FL oz/ 540 mL) dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 pouch Old El PasoTM Chili Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef and onion in skillet 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain.
- In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture and remaining ingredients except cheese and cilantro.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours. Top individual servings with cheese and cilantro.
- Serve-With : Corn muffins from the bakery or a pan of homemade corn bread go great with this easy chili.