Slow Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos
- Serves 6
Prepare the spicy chicken filling in a slow cooker in the morning and come home to a mouthwatering Mexican meal!
- 1 1/4 pounds (625 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pouch Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 can Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) Old El PasoTM Taco Sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced green onions
- 1 pkg Old El PasoTM (12 Large) Flour Taco Shells
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped tomato
- 1 cup (250 mL) Green GiantTM Frozen NibletsTM or Peaches and Cream Whole Kernel Corn or 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) Green Giant* NibletsTM or Peaches & Cream Whole Kernel Corn
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken thighs in cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix and brown sugar; toss to coat. Mix in green chiles, corn and 1/2 cup of the taco sauce. Refrigerate remaining taco sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Place chicken on cutting board; use 2 forks to pull chicken into shreds. Return chicken to cooker. Stir in green onions. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining taco sauce. Serve chicken mixture in taco shells with lettuce, tomatoes and warm taco sauce.
- Success : Fill tacos just before serving so the shells stay crisp.
- Special Touch : Set out an assortment of taco toppings such as shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped avocado and sliced olives.