Slow Cooker Chipotle Black Bean Dip
- Refried Beans
- Serves 12
Guests will gobble up this delicious hot dip bursting with colourful corn, salsa and beans.
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) Old El PasoTM Refried Beans (any variety)
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) Green GiantTM NibletsTM Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (from 7 oz can), chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) adobo sauce from can
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup/50 mL)
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Mix refried beans, black beans, corn, salsa, chilies, adobo sauce and 1 cup of the cheese in 1 1/2- to 2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours, stirring after 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the onions. Serve with tortilla chips. Dip will hold on Low heat setting up to 2 hours; stir occasionally.
Spice It Up: If the group you are serving likes spicy food, go ahead and add another chopped chipotle chili and a little extra of the spicy adobo sauce.
Crowd Pleaser: Bring this dip the next time you are asked to bring an appetizer. Heat at home until hot and then just keep warm at the party.
- Special Touch : It's fun to serve a basket of chips of different colours and shapes. Purchase blue, yellow and white tortilla chips, plus small round ones and the larger triangle-shaped variety. Serve them in a colourful holiday basket lined with a napkin.