Southwest Corn Pancakes
- 15 Minutes
- Serves 6
Go wild with flavor! Cheese, corn, green chiles and chili powder add a little kick to cornmeal pancakes.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) BisquickTM mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cornmeal
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- Sour cream, if desired
- Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa, if desired
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Sliced ripe olives, if desired
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Green GiantTM Frozen NibletsTM or Peaches and Cream Whole Kernel Corn, thawed, drained
- Brush griddle or skillet with vegetable oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray; heat griddle to 375ºF or heat skillet over medium heat.
- In large bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cornmeal, milk and eggs with wire whisk or fork until blended. Stir in cheese, corn, chiles and chili powder. Pour batter by slightly less than 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle; spread slightly.
- Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden. Serve with sour cream, salsa, lettuce and olives.
- Serve-With : Serve pancakes with fresh mango or melon slices.