- 2 Hours
- Serves 6
Give an Italian pasta favorite new appeal with black beans, mild chiles, taco seasoning, and other south-of-the-border ingredients.
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 lb (500 g) extra-lean ground beef
- 1 pouch Old El PasoTM 40% Less-Salt Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) water
- 1 container (454 g) ricotta cheese
- 1 can Old El PasoTM Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (680 mL) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 can (19 FL oz/540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (500 mL) Green GiantTM Frozen NibletsTM Or Peaches and Cream Whole Kernel Corn
- Place baking sheet or foil in oven on rack below middle oven rack; heat oven to 375ºF. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until thickened.
- In small bowl, mix ricotta cheese, chiles and eggs.
- Stir pasta sauce, beans, corn and cumin into beef mixture. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- To assemble lasagna, arrange 3 cooked noodles in bottom of baking dish. Spoon and spread 1/3 of ricotta mixture over noodles; top with 1/3 each of beef mixture and cheese. Repeat layers 2 more times, reserving last 1/3 of cheese.
- Place baking dish on middle oven rack; bake 25 minutes. Sprinkle with reserved cheese; bake 15 to 25 minutes longer or until lasagna is bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.