Spicy Skillet Chicken
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
Need a 30-minute dinner with tasty chicken breasts? Grab a skillet, some sassy salsa and a few extras.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb/625 g)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) Green GiantTM NibletsTM Whole Kernel Corn, undrained
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 pouch Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM Reduced Sodium taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa (any variety)
- 2 cups (500 mL) hot cooked rice
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when centre of thickest part is cut (170ºF).
- Stir in beans, corn, peppers, taco seaoning mix, 1/4 cup water and salsa. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are hot. Serve with rice.