Steak Fajitas with Tomato Corn Relish
- 2 Hours
- Serves 6
Try this fajita recipe made with Old El Paso* Smart Fiesta* made with Whole Grain Tortillas.
- 1 cup (250 nL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 12 Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM made with Whole Grain Tortillas (1 1/2 pkgs)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) chipotle chili pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) beef flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 sweet onion, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) Green GiantTM Niblets TM Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped tomato
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In cooker, mix salsa, garlic, chili pepper powder, salt and cumin.
- Cut beef into 3x1/2x1/2-inch strips; stir into mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Add onion and peppers to beef in cooker. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 to 45 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix relish ingredients; set aside.
- To serve, wrap tortillas in damp microwavable paper towels; heat in microwave on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until warm. Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture down centre of each warm tortilla; top with relish and sour cream. Fold 2 sides of tortilla over filling toward centre.
- Tip : Serve with rice and fat-free refried beans.
- Tip : If you like your fajitas with a little more kick, use fiery hot salsa in the recipe.