Super Chicken and Veggie Tacos
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
Make every night Taco Night with this simple and great-tasting dinner solution.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 each onion & green pepper, sliced
- 1 pouch (35 g) Old El Paso TM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Green GiantTM Niblets Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 pkg (125 g) Old El PasoTM 12 Taco Shells
- your favourite toppings (shredded lettuce & cheese, chopped tomato & sour cream)
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken for 3 to 4 minutes until no longer pink. Add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir in seasoning mix, salsa and water. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes until thickened. Stir in corn and heat through.
- Place taco shells open side down in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Fill shells with chicken filling and toppings.
- Tip: Canned Green Giant* Niblets* Whole Kernel Corn can be substituted for frozen corn.