Taco and Chicken Tortilla Salad
- 20 Minutes
- Serves 4
Having trouble getting your kids to eat greens? Give your salad a Mexican twist, with this simple recipe that's makes a perfect, light summer dish. They'll have no trouble gobbling it up, considering it has all the yummy flavours of a taco!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin strips
- 1 pouch (35 g) Old El PasoTM Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 cups (2 L) mixed salad greens
- 1 can (12 oz/341 mL) Green GiantTM NIBLETSTM WHOLE KERNEL CORN, drained or (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- tortilla chips
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken until no longer pink. Stir in seasoning mix and 1/3 cup (75 mL) water. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- On large platter, arrange greens, corn (or beans), cheese and tomato. Drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Arrange chicken over salad and spoon salsa around chicken. Crumble tortilla chips and sprinkle over top of salad.
- Tip: Ready cooked roast chicken, available at your local grocery store, can be a real time saver. Try it in salads, pastas or sandwiches.