Taco Beef Bake with Cheddar Biscuit Topping
- 40 Minutes
- Serves 6
Tempt your family with a casserole that has all the flavours of a taco plus a delicious cheesy biscuit top.
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 pkg Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El PasoTM Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- 2 cups (500 mL) Green GiantTM Frozen NibletsTM Whole Kernel Corn
- 2 cups (500 mL) BisquickTM Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) milk
- Heat oven to 425ºF. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir taco seasoning mix, salsa and corn into beef. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Pour into ungreased 8-inch square pan or 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cheese and milk until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by 12 spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve With : Serve with a mixed-greens salad and fresh fruit.