The Great Canadian Taco
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1 pkg Old El Paso™ Stand and Stuff Tacos Dinner Kit (contains taco shells, mild taco sauce and taco seasoning mix)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Canadian maple syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook beef and taco seasoning mix, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Stir in maple syrup.
- Spoon beef mixture into taco shells. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, taco sauce, bacon, cilantro and green onion.
- To make this even more Canadian, substitute Oka for Cheddar cheese.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.