The Great Canadian Taco
- 25 Minutes
- Serves 10
Celebrate 150 years with this quintessential Canadian Taco
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground beef
- 1 pkg Old El Paso™ Stand and Stuff Tacos Dinner Kit (contains taco shells, mild taco sauce and taco seasoning mix)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Canadian maple syrup
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 6 slices crisp cooked bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook beef and taco seasoning mix, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Stir in maple syrup.
- Spoon beef mixture into taco shells. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, taco sauce, bacon, cilantro and green onion.
To make this even more Canadian, substitute Oka for Cheddar cheese.