Turkey and Bean Tostadas
- 20 Minutes Total
- 12 Servings
- 1 pkg Old El Paso* Soft Taco Kit
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground turkey or ground beef
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) water
- 1 can (540 mL/19 FL oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped, if desired
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream, if desired
- In large nonstick skillet, cook turkey, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in seasoning mix (from dinner kit), water and beans; heat until hot.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. On un-greased baking sheets, place tortillas (from dinner kit). Bake about 7 minutes or until crisp. Place on individual plates.
- Divide turkey mixture evenly among tortillas. Top with taco sauce (from dinner kit) and remaining ingredients.
- Set up a make-it-yourself tostado bar with all the toppers like lettuce, cheese, cilantro and sour cream.