Breakfast Burrito Bowls
- 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
- Tortillas & Tortilla Bowls
These Breakfast Burrito Bowls are a delicious way to enjoy all your favourite Mexican flavours with a breakfast-style twist! They make a great addition to brunch, but they're also perfect for when your family is craving breakfast for dinner! These Breakfast Burrito Bowls are a fun meal to make and enjoy, and they are so easy to customize to everyone's tastes. You're going to love them!
Submitted by Chrissie Baker at The Busy Baker
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 breakfast sausages, casings removed
- 3 bell peppers, sliced thinly
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp low sodium taco seasoning
- 6 eggs
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 package OLD EL PASO Mini Tortilla Bowls (contains 12)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until it's done to your preference. Drain the fat and add the breakfast sausages to the skillet, still over medium heat. Break them up with a wooden spoon (remember to remove the casings!) into small chunks as they cook. Once they're cooked through, remove them from the pan and drain the fat, but don't wipe the pan out. The few drops of fat will be useful in cooking the vegetables.
- Add the sliced peppers to the skillet and turn the heat to medium high. Add the lime juice and the taco seasoning and saute the peppers until they soften slightly and blacken on the edges.
- Remove the peppers to a plate and scramble the eggs in the same skillet with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Divide the eggs, bacon, sausage, and sauteed vegetables between the tortilla bowls. Sprinkle the cheese over each of the tortilla bowls and add a few chunks of avocado and some chopped cilantro to the top of each as well.
- Serve immediately while the burrito bowls are warm with another squeeze of lime juice and some sour cream and salsa on the side!