Favourite Fish Tacos
- 30 Minutes
- Fish And SeaFood
- Serves 10
Fish tacos with slaw is a trendy and exciting taste experience. If you like fish, you will love this!
- Broccoli Slaw
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Yoplait® Source® or Creamy Plain Yogurt
- 2 1/2 tsp (12 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) honey
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) broccoli slaw (found packaged in produce section)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) codfish, halibut or haddock, cut into pieces (about 1' x 3' size)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lime
- 1 pkg Old El PasoTM Smart FiestaTM Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 pkg (10 count) Old El PasoTM Stand n' StuffTM Taco Shells or 1 pkg (12 count/6-inch) Old El PasoTM Medium Flour Tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lime juice and honey. Stir in broccoli slaw and cilantro. Refrigerate until serving.
- Warm taco shells or flour tortillas according to package directions.
- To assemble: Place fish in taco shells, top with sliced avocado and broccoli slaw.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush both sides of fish with oil and squeeze fresh lime juice over. Sprinkle both sides of fish with taco seasoning mix. Place on baking tray and bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400ºF.