Chicken Quinoa Tortilla Bowl
- 15 Minutes
These chicken quinoa tortilla bowls use OLD EL PASO tortilla bowls instead of traditional tortillas. They make loading up and eating extremely easy because of their bowl shape. They will take the mess out of Taco Tuesday!
This is also an easy meal to do most of the prep ahead of time, making it a go-to meal for those busy evenings. With the quinoa made and the vegetables prepared, you can have this meal ready in 15 minutes flat. Everything but the guacamole can be made ahead. While you are warming the quinoa and tortilla bowls, you can quickly make the guacamole.
Submitted by Bella Bucchiotti at xoxoBella
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Seasoned chicken (below)
- Salsa (below)
- Warm corn salsa (below)
- Guacamole (below)
- Peppers, tomatoes & cucumber, cut and sliced to size
- 5 to 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded
- 1 Package OLD EL PASO Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Cobs of corn, fresh
- ¼ Cup red onion, diced fine
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 Small Red onion, finely chopped
- 3 Sprigs fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Green onions, finely chopped
- 4 Avocados
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
WARM CORN SALSA
- Cut the chicken breasts into small slices.
- Combine seasoning packet with olive oil in a zip bag. Place chicken in bag to coat and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked. Will vary on thickness of the chicken.
- Cut chicken into small pieces for serving.
- Mix all ingredients together until combined.
- Cook in skillet until slightly golden and warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomato, onion, cilantro and green onion.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a bowl.
- Add the salt and lime juice and mix until combined. Make just prior to serving.