Easy Taco Salad
- 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
Does you have any family dinner night traditions in your home? One of our favourites is our Taco Tuesdays - it doesn’t just exist in the movies you know! Once a week our family manages to sit together after a long day of school and work to enjoy our favourite Mexican meals such as quesadillas, tacos, fajitas and our quick and easy taco salad. This savoury and crispy salad is filling and most of the ingredients can be easily prepared the night before. We’re happy to share the recipe with you below as well as a quick DIY project to accompany the perfect casual family dinner night tablescape: a wrapped sisal rope placemat.
Submitted by Jane Vranic at SUSTAIN my Craft Habit
- 1 small cooking onion
- 1 lb of extra lean ground beef
- 1 package dry taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated marbled or regular cheddar cheese
- ½ head of iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, diced
- ¾ package of taco/corn chips, crushed
- 1 cup of California or Catalina salad dressing
- 1 package (12 count) OLD EL PASO Mini Tortilla Bowls
- On medium heat sautee onions until transparent.
- Add ground beef and cook fully. Drain off excess fat.
- Return to heat. Add water and taco seasoning mix and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely in refrigerator. Can even be prepared in advance and left in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to serve, toss the prepared meat with the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Spoon into the tortilla bowls and serve.