Mexican Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
- 30 Minutes
A few days ago, I made a saucy Mexican Hot Fudge Pudding Cake (recipe below), put it in an OLD EL PASO Tortilla Bowl and topped the whole thing with ice-cream. It was so easy to fill the bowl, plus, this is the only soft tortilla that stands up on its own!
Submitted by Monica Parlee at Older Mommy Still Yummy
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch (or more to taste) chili powder
- 1¾ cups packed brown sugar, divided
- ½ cup pure cocoa powder, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1¾ cups very hot, brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease an 8x8-inch baking pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, ¾ cup of the brown sugar, 3 Tbsp. of the cocoa powder, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt.
- Stir in milk and butter until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; sprinkle over the batter in pan. Do not stir!
- Pour hot coffee over batter and sugar/cocoa mixture in the pan. Do not stir!
- Bake until the center of the cake is almost set, approximately 40 minutes.