Smoked Pork Tacos
- 30 Minutes
- Serves 8
Switch up your BBQ routine this summer, with these delicious smoked pork tacos. Great for entertaining family and friends.
Submitted by Meaghan Carey at Un Assaggio
- 3.5 lb pork shoulder roast
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp ground New Mexico Chiles
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- ½ cup orange juice
- Place a sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and add onions and garlic. Cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes. Add in remaining ingredients, stir and bring to a boil. Cover pot, and remove from heat.
- Once sauce is cool, pour over pork shoulder and allow to marinade in fridge overnight.
- Remove pork roast from fridge and bring to room temperature.
- Preheat smoker to 225F. Cook pork until it reaches internal temperature of 160F.
- Set aside to rest 30 mins, then shred.
- Place shredded meat into taco shells with topping of your choice and garnish with lime and cilantro.
To prepare on BBQ: Heat BBQ to 300F with only half of the burners ignited. Place the roast over indirect heat (over the cool burners). Cook until internal temperature reaches 160F.