Blueberry Burrito Blintzes
- 28 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 2 1/4 cups (550 mL) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) grated lemon peel
- 1/4-1/2 tsp (1-2 mL) each nutmeg and cinnamon
- 1/2 pkg (250 g) low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) low-fat blueberry yogurt
- 1 pkg (334 g) Old El Paso* 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup
- Icing sugar
- Lemon slice, if desired
- Thaw blueberries as directed on package. Drain; reserve juice.
- In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, sugar, lemon peel, nutmeg, cinnamon, cream cheese and yogurt until well blended. Gently stir in drained blueberries.
- Place large sheet of waxed paper on work surface. For each blintz, place 1 tortilla on waxed paper. Spoon about 1/4 cup (50 mL) yogurt mixture in centre. With pastry brush, moisten outer edge of tortilla with reserved blueberry juice. Fold opposite sides of tortilla over filling, ends meeting in centre; fold remaining 2 sides of tortilla over each other.
- In large non- stick skillet, melt half the butter over medium heat. Cook 4 blintzes at a time, starting with seam-side-down, about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place blintzes, seam-side-down, on serving platter; drizzle with maple syrup. Sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with lemon slice if desired.
- Try with other frozen fruits and flavoured yogurts.