Chicken with Spicy Peach Glaze
- 50 Minutes
- Serves 6
Blend four ingredients for a spicy-sweet glaze to perk up grilled chicken breasts and drumsticks.
- 1 cup (250 mL) peach preserves
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles, drained
- 6 chicken drumsticks (about 1 lb/500 g), skin removed
- 3 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g), skin removed
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In food processor or blender, process all ingredients except chicken pieces until smooth. Reserve 1/3 cup preserves mixture.
- Place chicken pieces on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes, turning frequently and brushing with preserves mixture during last 15 minutes of cooking, until juice of chicken is clear when thickest piece is cut to bone (170ºF for breasts; 180ºF for drumsticks). Before serving, brush with reserved preserves mixture.