Children's Fun-to-Fix Chili
- 25 Minutes
- Serves 12
- Soups & Chilis
When it comes to kid-friendly ways to serve food, this simple yet flavorful ground beef chili has it in the bag.
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) coarsely chopped onion (2 medium)
- 1 pkg Old El Paso* Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (540 mL) red kidney beans
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) tomato sauce
- 12 small bags corn chips (individual portion size)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sour cream, if desired
- In nonstick 4-quart Dutch oven, cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in chili seasoning mix, beans and tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Let guests serve themselves by opening 1 bag of corn chips and topping with generous 1/3 cup beef mixture, some cheese, lettuce and sour cream.
Make It a Party: Kids will love this chili for their next birthday party.