Cinco de Mayo in a Box
Total Time 15 Minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil or vegetable oil, divided
- 400 g striploin grilling steak
- 1 pkg Old El Paso Hard and Soft Dinner Kit
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) kosher salt, divided
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Half small red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped Old El Paso Pickled Sliced Jalapenos
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of the oil all over steak and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of the Taco Spice Mixture and ¼ tsp of the salt. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook prepared steak until medium-rare, 3-4 minutes per side. Let stand 5 minutes before thinly slice against the grain.
- In a bowl, stir together the tomatoes, onions, 1 tsp of the Taco Seasoning Mix, the remaining ¼ tsp salt, 1 tbsp lime juice and OEP Jalapenos. Stir in cilantro.
- Divide and fill the tacos with tomato mixture, steak and garnish with thinly sliced red onion, feta and avocado.
- Bulk up your taco with finely shredded cabbage then top with the tomato mixture, steak, onion, feta and avocado.