Date Night Spicy Fish Tacos
Crispy taco-seasoned fish fillets topped with fresh cabbage and lime sauce!
30 Minutes Total
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Greek plain yogurt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) grated lime peel
- ½ tsp (2 mL) fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ tsp (2 mL) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- ¼ cup (50 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1 Old El Paso™ Tacos For Two Soft Taco Kit
- 1 large fresh tilapia fillet or any white fish fillet (about ½ lb/250 g)
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 small tomato, diced (optional)
- To make the cabbage and lime sauce mixture, combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs and taco seasoning mix from kit until well combined. Transfer seasoned breadcrumbs to a large dinner plate or flat dish.
- If fish filet is dry, moisten with cold water. Place fish on top of breadcrumb mixture and press into crumbs to coat. Flip fish over to coat the other side.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook fish in oil 6 to 8 minutes over medium heat, turning once, until fish is golden and crispy on both sides and flakes easily with a fork. Cut into pieces.
- Place tortillas from the kit on a microwaveable plate and cover. Microwave about 30 seconds until warm.
- To assemble, place piece(s) of fish on each warmed tortilla and top with coleslaw mixture. Sprinkle with diced tomatoes, if desired.