Easy Chicken Stand ‘N Stuff™ Tacos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (24 g) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced avocado
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced tomato
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in centre. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat shells as directed on package, and assemble Toppings. Divide chicken mixture among shells; add toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: sliced olives, fresh cilantro, sour cream, fresh lime wedges.
- Want to spend less time chopping? Use Old El Paso™ salsa in place of the diced tomato.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.