Green Chili Burgers
Total 20 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Mild Green Chilies
- 4 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 ripe medium avocado, pitted, peeled
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Old El Paso* Taco Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 4 thin slices tomato
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef and chilies; mix well. Shape mixture into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat nonstick stove-top grill pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add patties; cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook an additional 6 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink in center, turning once. Top each patty with cheese; cook just until cheese is melted.
- In small bowl, mash avocado with fork. Stir in mayonnaise until well blended. Spread bottom halves of buns with avocado mixture. Place patties on bottom halves. Top with taco sauce, lettuce, tomato and top halves of buns.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.