Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Total 50 Minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- Pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 lbs (1 kg) uncooked deveined peeled medium shrimp, thawed if frozen, tail shells removed
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 6 Old El Paso* Large Flour Tortillas (from 8 count package)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) refrigerated guacamole
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix marinade ingredients until well blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate 20 minutes to marinate, turning once. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, place bell peppers and onion; spray with cooking spray. Place vegetables in grill basket (grill ""wok""). Wrap tortillas in foil; set aside.
- Place basket on grill rack over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 minutes, turning vegetables once.
- Drain shrimp; discard marinade. Add shrimp to grill basket. Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes longer, turning shrimp and vegetables once, until shrimp are pink. Place wrapped tortillas on grill. Cook 2 minutes, turning once, until warm.
- On serving platter, place shrimp and vegetables; cover to keep warm. Place warmed tortillas on plate; place guacamole in serving bowl. For each serving, top tortilla with shrimp, vegetables and guacamole; fold tortilla over filling.
- Do not marinate the shrimp longer than 20 minutes or they will start to cook in the marinade.
- Look for prepared guacamole in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.