Lean Beef Taco Salad
- 30 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 pouch Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Smart Fiestaᵀᴹ Reduced Sodium Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 12 cups (3 L) torn romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 can (19 Fl oz/ 540 mL) pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded reduced fat old Cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup (175 mL) Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Thick N' Chunky Salsa (any variety)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) baked tortilla chips (optional)
- In large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook about 5 minutes or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Divide lettuce among 6 salad plates; top each with meat mixture and remaining ingredients except chips. Arrange chips around salad. Serve immediately.
- Tip : Avocado slices make a perfect garnish for this zesty salad.
- Time-Saver : In a hurry? Just toss all of the ingredients except the chips in a large bowl, and serve family-style with chips.