Mexican Chex™ Mix
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 15 Minutes
- 1 packet (82 g) butter-flavour microwave popcorn, popped
- 8 cups (2 L) Corn Chex™ Cereal
- 4 cups (1 L) corn chips
- 2 cups (500 mL) bite-size cheese crackers
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (24 g) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- Remove and discard unpopped kernels from popped popcorn. In 2-gallon (8 L) extra-large resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix popcorn, cereal, corn chips and crackers. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Seal bag; shake until well coated. Add cheese and taco seasoning mix. Seal bag and shake until well coated.
- Instead of shaking the mix in a bag, you can stir the ingredients together in a very large pot, bowl or even a big roasting pan.
- Get creative and try some different bite size crackers or pretzels in your mix. Throw in some nuts to change it up even more.
- Don’t forget to always stay close to the microwave when cooking popcorn and stop the microwave when popping slows down almost to a stop.