Mini Pineapple Rum Shrimp Tostadas
- 30 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 4 Old El Paso Medium Soft Flour Tortillas (6-inch)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rum
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 16 small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (250 mL) pineapple, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped cilantro
- Shredded cabbage mixed with lime juice and olive oil (to taste)
- Use a 2 to 3 inch round cutter and cut out 16 circles from 4 tortillas.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, lime juice, rum and seasoning. Add shrimp and stir to coat. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Skewer shrimp and grill 1 to 2 minutes each side. Place tortillas on grill for about 1 minute per side. Place pineapple, red onion and avocado on a grill pan and cook until slightly browned.
- Place a small amount of coleslaw on tortilla and top with pineapple, avocado and red onion. Top with shrimp and sprinkle with cilantro.
- In a small bowl toss shredded cabbage with lime juice and olive oil, to desired taste.
- Prep Ahead: Chop everything up earlier in the day and keep refrigerated.
- Variation: Make a large tostado by grilling 4 tortillas and topping with a fourth of the toppings.