Pulled Beef Barbacoa Tortilla Bowls with Lime Cream
- 25 Minutes
- Serves 8
This easy slow-cooker beef barbacoa makes a tasty family dinner any night of the week.
- 2 to 2 1/2 lb (1 to 1.3 kg) beef pot roast
- 1 pkg (24 g) Old El Paso™ Slow Cooker Seasoning Mix Beef Barbacoa
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 12 Old El Paso™ Tortilla Bowls
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cooked corn kernels
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) diced red onion
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Trim fat from roast. Place roast in slow cooker; sprinkle seasoning mix over top. Add onion, tomato sauce, 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice, and orange juice. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours until beef is very tender.
- Remove beef from slow cooker; shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; stir well.
- Stir together sour cream, cumin, salt and remaining lime juice. Serve shredded beef in tortilla bowls with corn, red onion and radishes. Drizzle with sour cream mixture and sprinkle with cilantro.
For a variation, substitute pork shoulder for beef roast.