Slow Cooker Spicy Southwest Beef And Bean Chili
Total 8 Hours 40 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cans (398 mL each) no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 FL oz/341 mL) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (540 mL/19 FL oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chili powder
- In 4 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover; cook on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- To keep sodium down, this recipe calls for rinsed beans and no-salt tomato sauce.
- Less-tender meats cook best when they are covered with liquid. Tomato sauce keeps this round steak moist during cooking.
- Serving Suggestion: Set a slow cooker of chili on a buffet next to cooked rice and baskets of tortilla chips and warm cornbread. Surround them with bowls of sour cream, guacamole and shredded Cheddar cheese.