Smashed Avocado Taco
Total 10 Minutes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tsp (20 mL) lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) kosher salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped cilantro, divided
- 540 mL can navy beans or white beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ thinly (50 mL) thinly sliced red onion
- 2 mini cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg Old El Paso Taco Kit For 2 Soft Dinner Kit
- Yogurt Crema
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- Garnish: Thinly sliced red finger chili or Thai chili on top
- Halve, pit, and dice avocados in a bowl; add 1 tbsp of the oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Using a fork, mash until combined with some chunks remaining. Sprinkle with 3 tbsp of the cilantro, stirring to combine.
- Place beans on a plate and microwave until warm, about 40 seconds. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tbsp oil and lightly mash with a fork. Stir in half of the feta cheese.
- Heat tortillas according to package. Divide bean mixture among tortillas, top with smashed avocado, remaining cilantro and feta, red onion and cucumbers.
- To make yogurt crema, stir yogurt and Old El Paso Taco Seasoning and serve with tacos.
- Mashed beans can quickly become a base for any vegetarian-based taco, top with cheese, meaty mushrooms or a quick salsa for an easy and satisfying meal.