Spicy Sausage-Cranberry-Baked Bean Ragout
Total 30 Minutes
- 1 to 3 tsp (5 to 15 mL) oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onions
- 1 lb (500 g) fully cooked smoked sausage links, skin removed if desired, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cumin seed
- 2 cans (14 FL oz/398 mL each) baked beans
- 1 can Old El Paso* Chopped Green Chiles
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) canned whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onions and smoked sausage; cook 7 to 10 minutes or until sausage is browned and onions are tender, stirring frequently. Add cumin seed; cook 1 minute. Drain.
- Add beans, green chiles, cranberry sauce, dried cranberries and chipotle chile; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, spoon into serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro. If desired, serve with French bread.
From time to time, reformulations of products may alter nutrient value, ingredients and/or allergens. Maintaining on-line information accuracy at all times can be difficult. In the event of a conflict between the data that is shown on this site and that which is on the package, the data on the package should be the primary resource for accurate and up to date data for the product in the package.