Spicy Vietnamese Pork Tacos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Sriracha sauce
- 1 lb (500 g) ground pork
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded green cabbage
- 1 package (189 g) Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count), heated as directed on package
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced and halved English (seedless) cucumber
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) julienne (match-stick cut) radish
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In 10-inch (25 cm) nonstick skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; do not drain. Remove from heat. Stir in soy sauce and pepper flakes.
- Divide cabbage and pork mixture among heated tortilla bowls. Top with carrot, cucumber, radish, cilantro and Sriracha mayonnaise. Serve with lime wedges.
- Time Saver! Packaged coleslaw mixes make a great topping for these tacos and saves you shredding the cabbage and carrots.
- Top these tacos with other fresh toppings like sliced jalapeños or chopped green onions.
- If you are assembling the tacos rather than letting people top their own, it is a good idea to leave off the cilantro and place in a small bowl on the table as a serve yourself topping. Cilantro tends to be a love it or hate it thing.