Tex-Mex Chicken Chili Bowl
- 40 Minutes
- Salsa & Sauce
- Serves 4
- Tortillas & Tortilla Bowls
Chicken Taco Seasoning is an easy way to perk up a simple chili. Serve in taco bowls for a fun family meal any day of the week.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped Old El Paso™ Sliced Pickled Jalapeños
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground chicken
- 1 pkg (35 g) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning
- 1 can (540 mL) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) strained puréed tomatoes (passata)
- 1 jar (215 mL) Old El Paso™ Taco Sauce
- 8 Old El Paso™ Tortilla Bowls
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Tex-Mex shredded cheese
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- Heat oil in large high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, jalapeños and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and taco seasoning; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and taco sauce; bring to simmer. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until thick and flavourful.
- Meanwhile, heat tortilla bowls according to package directions; serve chili in tortilla bowls. Top with cheese and green onions.
Substitute black beans, pinto beans or kidney beans for white beans if desired.
Use leftover chili in burritos or on nachos.