Tortilla Bowl Burritos
- 40 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes
- 1 cup (250 mL) uncooked converted white rice
- 1 package Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) water
- 4 Old El Pasoᵀᴹ Tortilla Bowls (from 8-count package)
- 1 cup (250 mL) guacamole
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- Chopped avocado, if desired
- Fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is just starting to brown. Stir in rice, taco seasoning mix and water. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink in centre.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas. Top with guacamole, lettuce and sour cream.
- Make it your own! Customize these burritos by adding your favourite toppings.