Air Fryer Beef Taquitos
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded fully cooked beef brisket or roast, drained of excess liquid
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) from 1 package (24 g) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 8 tortillas from 1 package (297 g) Old El Paso™ Medium Flour Tortillas (12 Count)
- 2 ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream
- Old El Paso™ Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- In 10-inch (25 cm) skillet, heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add beef, taco seasoning mix and water; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is hot and sauce is thickened.
- Brush one side of tortillas with remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil. Turn over to unoiled side; place about 3 tablespoons (45 mL) beef mixture on bottom third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly.
- Set air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Working in two batches, place 4 taquitos seam-side down in air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on top. Turn taquitos over, and cook 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Repeat with remaining taquitos.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together Guacamole ingredients.
- For each serving, place 2 taquitos on a plate, and spoon a dollop of the guacamole on top. Sprinkle with cheese; serve with sour cream and salsa.
- Fully cooked brisket or roast beef can be found in the refrigerated meat section or the meals to go section of your grocery store.
- Making guacamole is super easy and worth it, but if time is short, premade guacamole can usually be found in your grocer’s deli aisle.
- Create a creamy salsa verde sauce for dipping. Stir sour cream into salsa verde until desired consistency.
- Air fryer temperature control settings vary according to brand and model. If your air fryer does not have the exact temperature setting called for in the recipe, consult your manual for suggested temperature settings.