Baked Cheesy Chicken Flautas
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
Herbed Sour Cream
- 1 container (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) roughly chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 package (24 g) Old El Paso™ Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 125 g (half of 250 g package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (127 mL) Old El Paso™ chopped green chilies
- 10 tortillas from 1 package (297 g) Old El Paso™ Medium Flour Tortillas (12 Count)
- Place Herbed Sour Cream ingredients in blender; cover and puree 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth. Transfer to small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix oil and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the taco seasoning mix.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, shredded cheese, cream cheese, chilies and remaining taco seasoning mix.
- Place slightly less than 1/4 cup (50 mL) chicken mixture on bottom third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly; place seam-side down in pan. Brush filled tortillas with oil mixture. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until filling is hot (at least 165°F/74°C) and flautas are crispy. Serve with Herbed Sour Cream.
- Herbed Sour Cream can be made up to a day ahead; store covered in refrigerator. It is a great Mexican topping to have on hand for taco night and also a great dip for veggies!
- Any leftover cooked chicken will work great for this recipe.
- Kick up the heat level by adding a few red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the chicken mixture.