Beef and Avocado Whole Wheat Taco Boats
Total 25 Minutes
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef
- 1 package Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 can (127 mL) Old El Paso™ chopped green chilies
- 8 Old El Paso™ whole grain Tortilla Bowls
- 1 ripe Avocado from Mexico
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Lime wedges
- Topping Ideas: shredded lettuce, sliced radishes, diced tomato, sour cream, fresh cilantro leaves
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and green chilies. Cook 30 to 60 seconds longer or until liquid is absorbed.
- Heat Tortilla Bowls as directed on package. Serve with beef mixture, avocado, cheese, lime wedges and toppings.
- To dice avocado, cut in half and remove pit. Using large spoon, scoop flesh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90°, and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.