- 55 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 lb (375 g) lean boneless beef top round steak, slightly frozen, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cold water
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) guacamole
- 4 Old El Paso* (Large) Flour Tortillas (8-inch) warmed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky Salsa
- In medium nonmetal bowl, stir together all marinade ingredients. Add beef strips; stir to coat. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate, stirring occasionally.
- Spray 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and marinade; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and beef is no longer pink. In small bowl, stir cornstarch and cold water until smooth. Add to beef mixture; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 of guacamole down center of each tortilla. Top each with 1/4 of beef mixture. Top with salsa. Fold bottom edge of tortilla toward centre; fold 2 sides toward centre, slightly overlapping.
- Serve With : Serve fajitas with fresh pineapple or mango slices.