Cheesy Chicken & Vegetable Quesadillas
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 mL) chicken breast strips
- 1 green or red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) Old El Paso* Thick N’ Chunky Salsa
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pkg (334 g) Old El Paso* Large Flour Tortillas
- sour cream for dipping
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 to 5 minutes until no longer pink.
- Add pepper and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes longer until tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat; stir in salsa and cheese.
- Spread 1/4 cup (50 mL) chicken mixture on half of each tortilla; fold over to make half-moon shape. In a non-stick skillet, grill until tortillas are golden on both sides. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream for dipping.
- Tip: Add colour and richness by adding thinly sliced avocado to your quesadilla.