Chicken and Black Bean Soft Tacos
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 pkg (215 g) Old El Paso* Spanish Rice or Mexican Rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 pkg (465 g) Old El Paso* Soft Taco Kit (or Old El Paso* Hard & Soft Taco Kit)
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) water
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced green onion (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) shredded Cheddar cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- Old El Paso* Thick N' Chunky* Salsa, guacamole and sour cream, if desired
- In medium saucepan, make rice as directed on package, omitting margarine.
- Meanwhile, in non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot (1-2 minutes). Add chicken and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook and stir about 5 minutes until most of liquid is absorbed.
- Stir chicken mixture, beans, pepper, onions and cilantro into hot rice mixture. If necessary, cook until hot, stirring occasionally.
- Warm tortillas acording to package directions. Fill each tortilla (or hard taco shell) with chicken-rice mixture. Top with cheese and taco sauce (or salsa) and sour cream or guacamole.